Monday, December 1, 2014

One week from close!

Well we are one week away and it's not without some concern. So far the interior is looking good, but we have some serious issues with exterior quality. They pitched the fact that they used Hardi siding, yet it looks like they hire incompetent installers. We're already in contact with the Ryan bigwigs and we are getting a Hardie Rep out to the house. My best guess is they attempted touch up painting when too cold. First off, with a proper install there shouldn't be any face nails! This disaster goes about 10 rows up then stopped. By then I'm guessing they realized this looked like crap. Now for the shutters, you ever hear of a level? Also the top trim piece is crooked. There's a few more issues we have spotted. I'll keep you posted on how they are fixed. 






6 comments:

  1. Yikes!!! I wonder how people that are installing don't realize that it's an issue with some of these things? Like, really? You couldn't see that the shutters weren't straight???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! To me these are the things that should "jump" right out at you. First off, the installer should have some pride and skill. But if they don't, there needs to be an immediate check and balance system to catch this stuff right away. Fortunately so far it appears that we just have cosmetic issues. But that's still no excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Sorry, but that looks awful. They just started installing our Hardi-plank siding yesterday. I didn't look closely, but I can tell that it looks better than that. Again, sorry. Before the picture loaded, I thought "what could possible be that wrong" - now I see. When we looked at having this installed in our existing home, I couldn't find anyone in Dayton who knew how to quote it or install it. It's not as easy as vinyl and requires special skills and tools.

    Good luck with getting it fixed. They need to tear it all down and start with all new, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head! My belief is that they hired a siding contractor that deals with vinyl and isn't fully qualified to install it. I'm keeping my cool in knowing that this is basically cosmetic. Currently it will keep out the elements, etc. Then if they have to rip it all off come Spring, so be it. Won't be on our dollar and I we won't stop until we know it is right. Basically nothing will take away our joy of moving in, BUT they will fix their mistakes.

      Delete
  4. Oh no! I am sure you all are on it. They will surely have to fix their mes-ups by any means necessary. I happy to hear you still have joy about moving in! That's the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eboni- we are so ready to be in the house. Nothing can take that joy!

      Delete